Whilst every Project is unique, this is very difficult to answer as no two Projects are the same, however we have tried to outline what a ‘typical TIA’ project may cost. We firmly believe that our team at TIA offer a distinctive and personalised service. We offer a unique level of experience when it comes to designing and delivering your extension, renovations and new homes.
TIA works on a fixed fee or an hourly rate (£65 per hour for a director, £40.00 for a junior architectural designer and £35.00 for office assistant). Factors that might affect this range will be such things as the complexity of your project, any unusual elements in terms of design and restrictions or indeed how many options you may wish to explore. Whether it be a limited or full service required.
As a general ‘rule of thumb’ our fees tend to work out at approximately 4-12% of final build costs and a typical TIA project can have a construction cost of between £70,000 and £2,000,000.
The guide is supposed to be exactly that, a guide; a Home Consultation will allow us to give you a much clearer understanding of potential designs and likely costs.
OTHER COSTS YOU MIGHT EXPECT:
We have listed below other typical fees that a residential project may require. We will be able to advise you which of these will be relevant to your project once we have completed the Home Consultation.
- Digital CAD Survey – Between £700 and £2,500 dependent on size of the property.
- Printing and disbursements costs
- Travel and car travel at 55p/mile
- OS Map Data £10-£85
- Householder Planning Application Fee is £172 or a Certificate of Lawful Development Fee (if your Project falls under Permitted Development) is £86.
- Building Control Plans check and site visits: Between £750 and £2,000.
- Structural Engineer Fees: £950 to £5,000.
- Party Wall Surveyor: £0 to £2,500.
- Thames Water Build Over Agreement: £299 plus approx 5 hours to generate the design and manage the application.
All of the above costs and fees are indicative and meant for guidance purposes. We hope this gives you some guidance as to what you might expect.